Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments? bah!
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:34:41 -0500

I certainly won't buy one
> > of them to prove that the 5050 isn't their equal.
> > Why pay twice for the same
> > camera?
> > br

Bob,
Your camera is not the same camera as mine. It may share some components, I
dunno.   The operation is quite different.  I chose the LC5 over the Digilux
1 for one reason only, and that was the rubberized grip. Otherwise, they are
operationally the same.

Others, including yours were on my short list, and after careful study I
disregarded them because none of the others offered an easy ability to
manual focus, and the nominal Leica lens attracted me.

The problem here is that from your lofty perch far below, you have decided
without experience, without investigation, without reading user comments and
reviews, you can make pronouncements that apply to all digital cameras, and
how we should use them.

You disregard the fine work that has been posted here, and go blithely down
the pontification pathway making useless, often conflicting assertions.

I dearly love my Leica M6, and  still use it.  There will be a day when I
don't though, and that's not too far off.

I consider my LC5 a transition camera, and the time is rapidly approaching
that the digital  camera people like me yearn for is made.

Then,  I'll stick my Leica on the shelf alongside the Agfa Sillette I bought
46 years ago.  I will still sit with it in front of the telly, and dry fire
it some, but I won't miss it in the field.

Regards,
SonC
http://www.sonc.com