Subject: Re: [Leica] How do you dispose of your darkroom chemicals?
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:15:56 -0700

It depends on which color process. I remember using an early Cibachrome
process that was so toxic they said pregnant women should not ever
enter a room where it was being used. I quit that stuff pretty quick!

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 06:46  AM, Karen Nakamura wrote:

> For color, the most toxic thing is the formaldehyde used in the final
> rinse (along with the silver in the fix). I'd try to retain the rinse
> and bring it to your local toxic waste center.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.  - Will
Rogers.