Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M digital back
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:03:31 +0100

Hi Greg, yours is a dream that was much discussed a couple of years ago
and I had exactly the same hope as you. The sensor obviously would not
be able to be full size (the existing film gate would get in the way of
the edge of the chip) but I am no longer convinced by the lens too near
the sensor argument. Perhaps it is simply a question of the quality
being too compromised but if it is incidence of rays to sensor pits is
the problem fast lenses will be a problem whatever the design.
cheers
frank