Subject: RE: [Leica] How do you dispose of your darkroom chemicals?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:28:57 -0400

Rick,
This comes up all the time.  Mix all the chemicals together and down the
drain.  Your wash water will dilute the chemistry so that is no worse
than normal household cleaners.  The bleach chews up the developer, the
fix interacts with the bleach.

If you are real concerned, then pull the silver out with steel wool and
recycle that.

With the exception of California and maybe Mass. That is what the one
hour labs do.  If they can dump the residue of 200 rolls a day, your ten
a month is not going to do anything.  Remember, these chemicals are
designed to be reactive so they quickly oxidize/reduce to fairly
harmless byproducts.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com