Subject: [Leica] RE:OT Digital SLR
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:57:35 +0200

> Are we  simply hung up on
> making digital SLRs look like their film counterparts?

>Yes, at least for now.

>Perhaps I miss your point.
>I thought by definition, SLR implies a mirror reflex
>viewing system, so by definition the view is the light
>path thru the lens, reflected by the mirror thru the
>prism then out the viewfinder window.  How does the
>TFT display gets its image from ?

If we have a look to the actual market and look through, let's say an
EOS DSLR, and a Minolta HI7, probably the best non SLR digital
photoscope, you get immediately the reply to this question. The EOS has
a clear finder where you see the focus and the exact image you're going
to get, while the TFT display is merely approximate and you miss the
focus. May be in the future we have real time high definition displays
and we shall need to make a choice but not now.

Felix