Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - B&W negative developing info. in general
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:44:19 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/03 2:25:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
frankandaubrey@mindspring.com writes:

> Also, it seems that Xtol is the choice developer for many - sounds good - I
> would like to keep grain to a minimum most of the time.  Is there another I
> should start with?  Is Xtol a good start with those films?  What other
"news"
> is out there?  Any general guidance on or off list would be appreciated.
> Sorry if I missed any of this is in the archives.
Many recent books on darkroom work. When I was growing up, my favorite was
put out by Focal Press, out of the Olde Countree. My favorite was The Contax
Way. My favorite no-nonsense developer is Kodak's T-Max. Get yourself a good
timer and thermometer, four graduates and you're on the road.

br