Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Northamptonshire
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:58:36 +0100

From: "David Young" <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 11 August 2003 23:20
Subject: [Leica] Re: Northamptonshire

>Olympus OM2 SP 350mm Tamron:
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/windmill.html>
>--Graham

Graham:

The 350 Tamron shot is very low in contrast.  Is that 'haze' causing it, or
is your Tamron a low contrast Catadioptric?

Although, curiously, I have both the 500/f8 MTO and 1000/f11 Celestron
mirror lenses and both have higher contrast that your shot would indicate
the Tamron has.

Whatever the cause, it does give the shot a nice, 'soft' look!

David.

Hi David,
The 350 Tamron doesn't normally give soft results and the Panasonic LC5
shots that I posted from that walk were similarly soft and muted in colour.
It was a flat dull day and the effect  went down quite well with the digi
shots so I made no attempt to tweak up this image. You can check out the
Panasonic shots here if you want to see what the digital made of the light
on that day. Thumbnails 35 - 37:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Panasonic_LC5.html

Thanks for looking and commenting.

- --Graham