Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on a second body
From: Mitch Alland <malland@xsmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:41:24 +0700

For: Ted Grant

> My experience has always been using bodies of different model will
> only get
> you grief sooner or later.

I think this is true for most professional photographers or for
amateurs that shoot with high vouleme or speed. But among Leica owners
I suppose that there is a long continuum between high-volume shooters
and fondlers, and the closer you get to the fondler end of the
continuum the more feasible it becomes to use different bodies. For
example I would have thought it would be very annoying to use a classic
M6 and an M6TTL with shutter speed dials that turn in opposite
directions; but either here or on the photo.net Leica Forum I've seen a
good number of posts stating that this is not a problem. Hell, on the
last two rolls I shot I even confused which M6 had the color film and
which had the b&w, and one camera is black and the other is chrome!

- --Mitch/Bangkok