Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW #29 - Warszawa Ghetto
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:04:35 +0200

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for looking and the compliments. I must admit that I have neither read
"The Pianist" nor seen the movie. I really don't know why. My father has seen
it and liked it. But I guess I have heard so much Holocaust history from my
father and my French uncle (who was rounded up in 1942 along with the other
French Jews as a 12-year old, escaped from the internment camp but lost his
entire family, and survived the war by being hidden by villagers in the Loire
Valley) that I subconsciously avoid  reading more about it. Incidentally, I
*am* reading a WW2-related book at the moment, but it is Roy Jenkins'
monumental biography of the man who saved Western civilization, Winston
Churchill.

Kind regards,
Nathan