Subject: RE: [Leica] Second Thoughts on a Leica Second Body
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:31:39 +0200

>"The kind of camera that makes the photographer conform to it."
>
>What a perfect definition for an imperfect camera.
>Cameras are tools with which photographers craft images. The tool
should
>suit the photographer's working style and needs; the photographer
should
>not have to adapt his or her working style and needs to the tool.

BD

This is landing in the reality. Never, never a true artist is produced
by the kind of tools he uses. These may improve his work, make it easier
or more comfortable  but never improve his soul, his touch of genius.

Perfectionism in tools does nor change the final output, although may
help the way for getting it sooner. More gear I get more sceptical I'm
about its relevance. Mediocrity with expensive tools remain mediocrity.

Felix