Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 30: Paris La Defense
From: Nathan Wajsman <>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 19:51:41 +0200

Thanks, Ted! Some specific comments:

> > A big screen was set up outside to allow people to follow the Tour de
> > France:   >
> The screen is interesting, but what I like in this photo are the two couples
> in the foreground. Adds a nice touch of human interest to the over all
> scene.
> Whatever you do don't tell me they didn't influence you in taking this
> photograph. Although the screen is interesting as a subject, it was really
> the couples? Right? ;-)

Yes, I take full credit this time, it was not  a matter of luck. I had been at
this spot the day before and taken several pictures, but when I came back the
following morning I spotted the two couples and thought, this is it! I shot 3-4
frames with them in the foreground, and chose this one because both couples are

> > The architecture and the street art at La Defense is quite stunning, as is
> the sheer
> > scale of the place: <<<
> A solid perspective shot. Excellent! And without the human walking through
> the background it wouldn't have been as effective. Good eye.

Same thing as with the couples. I planted myself at the chosen vantage point and
waited for someone to pass.

> > The large lawns provide a place for conversations...
> > or just relaxing:<<<
> I see this as an HCB type of photograph considering the perspective of human
> and location.  "Only in Paris!" ;-) And the subject is just enough off dead
> centre to give the framing a comfortable balance.

Here I can only blush :-)

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands

Mobile: +31 630 868 671

Photo site:

Message from Ted Grant <> (Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 30: Paris La Defense)