Subject: Re: [Leica] Barber shop
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 04:01:24 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/03 12:38:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mvhoward@mac.com
writes:

> Dude, it's a mannequin hanging upside down.

So what else is new? But what does the figure do for the customers in that
culture? In the US we have the classic Marilyn Monroe calendar or a barber pole
in the usual tonsorial establishment. If you walked into that shop, would you
have taken that shot? And at that angle? We're talking symbology here.
Photographers love that stuff. I do. Something that inadvertently says more than it
appears to at first glance.

br