Subject: Re: [Leica] R-lens, Normal or Wide, with Best Definition to the edges
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 22:52:13 -0700

The 19 Elmarit  is one of the best wide angles around. Not just Leica,
but any maker. It's probably only second to the 21 ASPH, with the
benefit of being on an SLR, which is significant for ultra-wides.

It's a superb lens. Don't know much about the Super Angulon, but I do
know that shift lenses have great performance when not shifted, because
the image circle is much larger than normal lenses.

I'm not saying that because I have a 19 Elmarit for sale (but I did say
it now for that reason! :-)

It has been one of my favorite lenses.

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 06:45  PM, Martin Krieger wrote:

> I use the current 2.8 R19mm, and the 28mm PC Super Angulon. Could I do
> better? I know that in the end a tripod and high shutter speed would
> be the
> best improvement, but let us pay attention here to the lens itself. I
> use
> Kodachrome, mostly.

Eric
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.jphotog.com

"Clichés are like analogies. At the end of the day, you're just beating
a dead horse"