Subject: Re: [Leica] Turing test
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:45:04 -0400

I don't think that's true. In order to represent something you have to
correctly encode it according to some accepted form of representational
system.

Thus if I call you 'honey bunny', I can represent you by saying 'honey
bunny' (so long as whoever I am trying to represent you TO knows that
'honey bunny' should be interpreted as 'Daniel Ridings'.

This is not the same as saying that 'honey bunny' is the essence of
Daniel Ridings.

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 03:15 PM, Daniel Ridings wrote:

> Oh boy, now we are getting philosophical :)
>
> In order to represent something, you have to reproduce its essence.
> (TGIF)
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com