Subject: Re: [Leica] Tired eyes
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:35:42 -0700

Craig Schroeder wrote:

> Two different friends had it done in the last two weeks.  Their only
> disappointment was in not doing it sooner!  Both had worn thick glasses
> from an early age (both are attractive women) and the bonus of the
> cosmetic effect is remarkable, too.
>
> James Harrison wrote:
>
> >Mark mentioned about a photographer with possible tired eyes.  I turn 52
> >this month, and among the other excitements of growing old is my eyesight
> >getting worse.  Has anyone on the LUG had corrective surgery for vision?  jh
> >
> >James Harrison

We actually had a prolonged thread on corrective eye surgery about a
year ago so use that as a resource I'm sure most people when thinking
about corrective surgery do. My wife had 3 operations but still wore
glasses though thin ones. In Canada they can do different surgeries then
down here in balmy U.S.A. Also the planet Nebulon but it's getting there...
I'm 52 too - and have lots of pairs of glasses. I have progressive
trifocals where infinity is 12 feel away and the closer ranges can be
adjusted more appropriately I end up using it for reading and right now
as I type.
Before I certainly had reading glasses.

I've never minded having glasses that much.
In high school i was so incredibly cute that the girls would follow me
around and never leave me along.
The glasses made for a calmer campus.
I find them in a way to be like protective goggles so a branch doesn't
swing back and put my eye out when running down sidewalks in downtown
Portland. Or an umbrella get me. (They should be made illegal).

I understand photo greys have been improved so there are two kinds. One
kind goes back to totally clear when you're inside in the dark. But it
doesn't get quite as dark. The other kind is normal. You look like a
slightly seedy character with your tinted glasses. Have your id ready
when you write a check. Having a slight tint in my glasses really bugged
me when viewing prints in galleries and back here as well as going to
the moves. If they were a pure neutral grey it would be one thing.
My decision is to leave my eyes along for the time being i don't know
what my insurance covers at this point it's all been changed.

When they made a little booth that you step into like a voting both and
then you step out a minute later with 20/20 I'll be first in line. While
I'm in there they can take care of a few other issues while they're at
it. Like put a laser tatoo of a battleship on my chest, just like the
All Spice bottle! javascript:newWindow('Ships/flying_cloud.jpg')

Thank god for that alien technology what would we have done without them?

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Craig Schroeder <craig@craigschroeder.com> (Re: [Leica] Tired eyes)