Subject: Re: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:54:49 -0700

Since he died on Easter, 1984, I doubt he ever saw a Hassy digiback. :-)

And he would no doubt, at this point still shoot large format ("Always
carry the largest camera that you can...") and the scan the photos with
a very high quality scanner. He was a millionaire.

And then he would print them digitally. Here's a heresy for you. He
claimed more than once that he could do better with the laser scanners
of modern pre-press offices to the more traditional book-maker's
processes.

He played the piano with his gluteus maximus at times. I'm sure he'd
give electronic pianos a whirl.

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 09:59  AM, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> I have no doubt that Ansel would have given digital a shot. Probably
> used the
> digital back for the Hasselblad. I can only conjecture that after he
> had
> given digital a fair chance (fully exploring digital's B&W potential
> in every
> which way), he would have returned to his standard traditional
> darkroom work.
>
> Adams was a fine pianist, and I'm sure he gave electronic keyboards a
> try. I
> doubt whether he performed on them.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Always drink upstream from the herd. - Will Rogers