Subject: [Leica] ISO speeds
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:07:08 -0700

At 8/7/2003, you wrote:

>I, too, wondered about the 200-400 ISO comment, BD.  I find those to be
>pretty high numbers for everyday shooting.  I wonder how many of the folks
>on this list use more than ISO 100 day-to-day for normal outdoor shooting?
>Very low-light, overcast days are another thing, and a higher ISO rate is
>expected.  But is 200-400 ISO "normal" for most Leica shooters?
>
>Just wondering.
>
>Ted

Depends on what you're using.  Nearly all my work is shot with the
80~200/f4 Vario and the 21 Super Angulon... also an f4 max.

Living north of the 49th, our days are not as bright as those in San
Diego.  So, in order to keep shutter speeds up for the 200mm settings, ISO
400 has become the speed of choice for me.

And, you know, I find the modern 400s to be remarkably fine grained for the
speed!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr