Subject: RES: RES: [Leica] Dry chamber for storing camera gear
From: "Amilcar de Oliveira" <amilcar@domain.com.br>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:32:18 -0300

Thanks, I went to the URL again and found it. But it seems you have to
continually buy new crystals for the contraption. It´s the disposable
razorblade marketing technique. I like more the Eureka Drybox I  have: a
plastic closet with a module on the back that contains a dessicant (silica?)
and an electrical heater. The dessicant is located between two doors. The
inner door opens (and the outer closes) and humidity is absorbed. Next, the
inner door closes, the outer door opens and the dessicant is heated and
humidity goes to the outside. If you don´t open the closet door many times
during the day, RH is kept at a fixed level of 25%.
Regards,
Amilcar