Subject: [Leica] Peltier chip coolers
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:43:20 EDT

<<I've been thinking for a while of making my own dry box using a peltier
chip.

When running normally, the peltier chip would cool below the dew

point and condense moisture on it. That would drip from the bottom of

the chip/heat exchanger into a drip pan that would lead outside the

box.

Every  x hours, I'd run the chip in reverse to make sure that it was

freezing the condensate.

It *should* work, although how well is unknown.>>

Karen,

Sorry to drip on your parade but single stage peltier chips will only cool
about 40 degrees from ambient. So if the outside temperature is much above 70
degrees F. the cool junction will not frost. On the other hand it will cool beer
to a perfect drinking temperature.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from "Jack Herron" <jherron@theriver.com> (Re: [Leica] Peltier chip coolers)