Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW wk31/sl
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:31:51 -0400

Well, I have to - not shockingly - disagree with you. It's a photo of a
Jewish guy sitting next to a coffin. Doesn't do a thing for me. No
mystery. Who's in the coffin? A dead guy. There's nothing in the pose,
the expression on the mourner's face, the composition, that prompts me
to ask more, or care more. Sorry - but maybe that's why it didn't draw
any comment.

The other photo, however, is one of those, like that stunner of Bill
Clough's of the young girl and older guy in the diner, that you could
inspire any number of short stories. Is she laughing? Is she crying? Did
he just propose? Are they breaking up? Did he just come on to her and
she cracked up..."But Bruce, I think of you as a BROTHER!" Are they
eloping? Or are they just a couple of co-workers having lunch and
laughing about the boss? Or....