Subject: Re: [Leica] Staying w/ film for a while - handled a D100 (and a 10D, and...)
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:57:22 -0700

Not true at all. If you know how to convert color photos to black and
white properly with Photoshop, any digital camera is a good black and
white camera. Even the old 1.3 megapixel Kodak NC 2000e was a pretty
decent black and white camera for newspaper reproduction. Nice tonal
range, and resolution just about adequate.

Now, with the right knowledge, you can covert color digital files into
beautiful black and white images, and with the right printer and inks,
can pretty much match any 35mm black and white out there. If you have
the skill and calibrated system.

I know that's a lot of ifs, but the point is, it's possible.

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 03:47  PM, Henning Wulff wrote:

> The only point you make which has any real validity is that there are
> no decent B&W digital cameras nor off the shelf B&W photo printers.

Eric Welch
Calrsbad, CA

"Going to war without France is like going
deer hunting without an accordion. All you
do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
- --- John and Alma Dunlap

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Staying w/ film for a while - handled a D100 (and a 10D, and...))