Subject: [Leica] Re: strange rattling in the leica d100
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:00:09 -0400

>From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
>Subject: [Leica] Staying w/ film for a while - handled a D100 (and a 10D,
and...)

>One overwhelming characteristic of the D100 is its filmsyness. We can
>literally shake it and hear something sort of rattle. Not just the lens
>either, but the body too. It definitely feels a toy. The E-20 is OK, but it

You must have sampled a TOTALLY different d100 than I have. Mine rattles
not, even with lenses attached. Feels quite sturdy to me. Now my N**** F,
that bastard rattles like a bag of broken glass.....

>The major problem is the slower process time.

That, and the expense of film. Well, I suppose that can go the other way
too, if you're shooting six rolls a month, buying a film camera might be
practical.

>What I would like to have is a simple camera, with low shutter lag, and a
>kick-ass lens. Yea, a digital M :-) Yes yes, I know a digital M is not

If there was a digital M, I would be so there in the front of the line
poking Irwin with a fireplace poker to try and get him out of the way.....

Kc