Subject: Re: [Leica] opinions on M7 vs. MP
From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 07:48:57 -0700 (PDT)

Rick,
The M7 can be used exactly like the M6/M6TTL. Same
diodes, same dials, same same same.

It will, however, ALSO provide you with aperture
priority in those situations where you may want it.
Put it in Auto and forget about it (mostly). One of
the nicer "features" I found (quite by accident) was
when I was shooting fast and furious and sometimes
using the SF20 and then switching it off when not
needed, in "Auto" mode, the camera automatically
switched between the flash synch speed and the ambient
speed required. Very nice for those of us who
sometimes forget to switch to the flash synch speed.
Good luck. I think the M7 definitely provides more
choices to me (I own an M6TTL also).
Bob