Subject: Re: [Leica] single malt-free MP owners
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 13:47:46 -0700

The first part of your statement is certainly true (sometimes), but the
second part is false.

Lots of whisky in the UK (Scotland anyway) is sold at "cask strength",
meaning it is bottled as it comes out of the cask and not diluted or
enhanced with grain ETOH prior to bottling as whisky intended for US
marketing.  I have purchased bottles at speciality shops in Scotland at way
over 100 proof, and some as low as 70 proof.

ETOH content (as per consistency) is much more strictly controlled here in
the US.

22yr old Lafroig..... and a lovely Ardbeg are my current favorite tipples

cheers
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ
http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net