Subject: Re: [Leica] Perfect midtones getting OT
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:37:48 -0400

Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics wrote:
> Rodinol at what dilution?  At 1:50 the efke 25 tones are great but is uneven regarding grain.  I've been using a standard Beutler formula with promising results, but I've haven't been able to nail down the processing to my satisfaction.  I also like the Pyro and DiXactol in this regard.
>
> This may cause stress, but, Tmax 100 in Beutler does a nice job with the mids.
>
> Chris Saganich

I use Rodinal at 1:50 on Efke 25 and haven't had any problem with grain.
The tones are unbelievably creamy.

IMHO, the Tmax films, especially Tmax 100, are among the worst for
midtone separation. OTOH, John Sexton cetainly does a fine job with it :-).

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.