Subject: [Leica] Re: Batteries....was M5 Meter and Alkaline Batteries
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:52:02 -0500

>  >
>>  Dumb question department here....Which battery is more desirable as a
>>  replacement for the 625 Mercury battery, 1.5 volt PX-625 alkaline battery or
>  > 1.55 volt silver oxide 76 cell with hand made sleeve adapter.
>  >

Or you could pop over to the hearing aid section of your local drug
store and use a 1.4V zinc-air hearing aid battery. They usually come
in sets of 8, so once you find one that's approximately the same
size, you can bring the whole package.

To the person asking the sleeve question - one common item used for
making sleeves is rubber 'O' rings that you can get at the local
hardware store. It does vary in terms of the device, since some
devices use the rim of the PX625 for electrical contact, in which
case you need something conductive.

I have PX625s (genuine  new mercury 1.35V ones) for sale if anyone is
interested. They're $8 + $1 for shipping in the U.S.  You can also
get them at www.px625.com (no relation to me).

More info is available on my site:

http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/batteries.html

Karen Nakamura