Subject: [Leica] arggghhh... rant at Keeble & Shucat...
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:03:40 -0700

Well, I did my share of "yes, K&S is a good place to shop" so may as well
rant at them too... Just took 2 rolls of slides in.  Most people there
recognize me by now and so does this one, "Mr. Man, phone number is..."
blah blah blah. "New Lab, unmounted," just like the approximately 80 rolls
I have done in the past 12 months. Came to pick them today and he said

"Oh, after you left, I wonder whether you want them unmounted. You usually
want them unmounted, right?" Arggghhh, when in doubt, should they either
call, or assume it's unmounted since it is always possible to slice and
mount, but it is impossible to go the other way?!!! I was too fumed to say
anything. He didn't charge me, oh wow thanks.

Now I have 72 individual slides to scan in, one by one. Arggghhh..

Leica content - one of the rolls is from the M7, including shots of
maraudering raccoons in the dark. The pictures were taken with flash of
course, but it is almost possible to focus the 90/2 in very very little
light...

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>