Subject: Re: [Leica] Are there any transparency films that are not over-saturated?
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:19:39 -0400

Hello Don:

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Lawrence" <DLawrence@fkp.com>
To: <leica-users-digest@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 2:20 PM
Subject: [Leica] Are there any transparency films that are not
over-saturated?

> I have always enjoyed the natural color rendering that AGFA gives.

Thirty years ago my wife and I were on a wonderful series of treks in
Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and what was then called Rhodesia.
Having previously used no color films but Kodachrome, before leaving I had
shot a few rolls of Agfachrome and loved the natural, neutral colors and the
black blacks. So I took a few rolls of Agfachrome. Today, the Kodachromes
are still perfect while the Agfachromes are so faded that in some slides one
can almost not make out the subject.

Anyone an idea of the archival properties today of the various transparency
emulsions?

Seth           LaK 9