Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 rangefinder cleaning advice
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:55:43 -0400

Hi Gregoire'

Don't be too put-off by the responses you get to your question from the LUG. Most Luggers are afraid to get a screwdriver anywhere near their M's.

Here is a URL to a clasic camera repair forum on the net. You can join in and ask your question there and expect to get a knowledgeable answer.

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/

I would think if you have Romney's booklet on the Leicas you could probably get pretty well into it. He, (Romney) does not mention anything about left-hand threads on the rewind knob removal, but ask someone who knows for sure.

Regards, Paul Connet