Subject: Re: [Leica] OT?: Brickyard 400
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:43:47 -0500

Ted

I probably will take it, I got some great stuff when I went to the Formula
One race a few years back with it.  this is where I would love to have one
of the newer 280/2.8 or 400/2.8 lenses.  Easier to carry around, but more
weight.  Too bad nobody rents Leica optics of this type.

gene

                      Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
                      Sent by:                            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        cc:
                      -alto.ca.us                         Subject:  Re: [Leica] OT?: Brickyard 400

                      07/29/2003 11:03 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Gene said:
> I have been to Indy before for the Formula One race a few years back and
> yes the infield is the best for pics.  This will be the first NASCAR race
> there for me though.  Not sure what gear I'm taking though.  The 560 is a
> bit intimidating in today's environment so may be stuck with the 200/4
> Telyt as the longest lens.<<<

Hey Gene screw the environment and take the 560, why jeopardize loosing
some
great photographs due to political morons?

Take it, as it's a legit lens and hollow! If some twitchy security clown
gets antsy let him look through it. Besides it's a car race not a president
or other political twit!
ted