Subject: [Leica] Are there any transparency films that are not over-saturated?
From: Mitch Alland <malland@xsmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:38:50 +0700

I've been using Ektachrome 100S but am increasingly finding it too
saturated particularly the way it deepens blue skies, even more than
polarized sunglasses do, and turns many photos into "picture
postcards." (I don't like navy blue skies). I suppose that the market
has been overwhelmingly pushed by the success of Fuji to the saturated
Provia and Velvia look. Questions:

1. Are there any transparency films that render colors more naturally
than these saturated films?

2. Or, does one have to go to color negative film to get a more
natural, less-saturated look? If so which color negative films?

3. Actually I've always like the pastel look  of the old Ektachrome.
Are there any transparency films that have that pastel color rendition?

- --Mitch/Bangkok

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Are there any transparency films that are not over-saturated?)
Reply from tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net> (Re: [Leica] Are there any transparency films that are not over-saturated?)