Subject: Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:02:06 -0400

> On Sunday, July 27, 2003, at 06:58  PM, Gary Williams wrote:
>
> > It's dilettantes like you that give Leica a bad name.
>
> Well, Gary, I don't know Mark that well, we've only had lunch once. But
> he is no dilettante, and he certainly isn't a rude jerk who calls
> people names because he disagrees with them.
>
> Eric Welch
> Carlsbad, CA

The statement about the inferiority of Contax lenses is utter rubbish.  The
remark is also indicative of a pernicious attitude that exists among some
photographic dilettantes who own and use Leica gear, and who apparently
believe that black paint or an engraved script on a camera body will elevate
their photographic skills (to match the size of their egos or their
wallets?).  As someone who has worked at the craft for over 20 years, I am
offended by the notion that someone calling himself a photographer will
actually ruminate in an open forum on the merits of an engraving on a camera
body and how it can make said photog (dilettante) a better shooter.  Jeez, I
call them the way I see them, and I say, "let 'em use anniversary Titanium!"

Gary

Replies: Reply from Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate)
Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate)