Subject: Re: [Leica] CL Meter.....: M6 Classic Meter Acting Odd
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:46:31 -0700

Karen Nakamura wrote:

> >Anyone lately get the meter in a CL replaced?
>
> Gary -
>
> Remember that CL was actually made by Minolta (using specs design in
> conjunction with Leica).  Leica doesn't have parts. For a while,
> Minolta had parts and would repair Leica-Minolta and Minolta CLs (but
> not Leica CLs) in Japan. Now they've run out of parts.
>
> So if it's just a loose wire, your CL meter can get repaired by
> anyone skilled enough to do it. But if it's broken, parts are
> impossible to obtain. Even Kanto Camera in Japan says it can't repair
> CLs.
>
> Karen

Somehow I missed Gary's post but call Sherry. Last I knew she had a stash
of CL parts.

AFAIK Leica doesn't repair any LTM or CLs. Only M models. Officially at
least. I think some LTM repairs may be possible at Solms but I doubt all
repairs can be done there.

Regards
Dennis

Message from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: M6 Classic Meter Acting Odd)