Subject: RE: [Leica] 50mm Summicron
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:38:09 -0500

Convenience and I have no problem with the shade staying in place when
extended.  My 90/2.8 Elmarit R also has the extended shade (3 stages) and
it stays in position and does not collapse unless I push it home with a
fair amount of pressure.  The shade on my 50 Summicron M stays out nicely
and when I compared it to the length of the clip on shade it was the same
length.  The clip on shade it is nicer looking and wider, but the length is
almost identical to the built in shade.  The built in shade on my 560/6.8
Telyt stays in position also with no problem and shades/protects the lens
quite nicely.  The same with my 200/4 Telyt.  Now the built in hood on my
28-70 Elmar R zoom (1st generation) is the pits.  I would like to sell that
lens and get a newer and more durable unit someday.

What else is there to say?

Gene

                      "Buzz Hausner"
                      <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>          To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>