Subject: Re: [Leica] Extremely OT - Networking ?
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:18:08 +0100

Hi Ernest,

this should be possible using something called Dynamic DNS.  Your router may
well have an option to 'talk' to a dynamic DNS service.  My D-Link router
has this functionality.  What should then happen is that when the ISP renews
the IP address of the cable modem/router interface, the router will
automatically update the dynamic DNS system.
 This is something that I too am looking into as I want to try making my
pages more dynamic with PHP (small matter of learning it 1st though :-/ ).
Have a look at www.dyndns.org or do a google search on Dynamic DNS.

Hope that helps.

regards

Mark Pope