Subject: [Leica] Hats?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:24:56 -0400

Why wear hats?  When I was in the military, for 26 years or so, I wore hats
because that was the order of the day.  When I go to a Scottish Game, I
wear a Balmoral, as that is the order of the day.   When I am in a
synagogue, a quite rare occasion, I admit, I wear a Yarmalka.  When I am
outdoors in arctic conditions, I wear a parka and use the hood, as we loose
90 per cent or so of our body heat through our head.

Otherwise, why wear a hat?

I acknowledge that those who chose to come from a genetic chain which
includes a bald maternal grandfather have a different situation.  I
acknowledge that the 20% or so of our male population who are "follicly
challenged" might wish to wear a chapeau to hide their baldness from the
Deity.  But what about the remainder of us, that 90% (all women, of course,
and 80% of the men) who enjoy a decent head of hair?  Why wear hats?

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Hats?)