Subject: Re: [Leica] The titanium Leica
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:35:17 -0400

khmiska wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
> Yes, there is really no reason to even think about titanium as a
> camera material. Every manufacturing process (casting, forming,
> machining, finishing, etc.) is costly. I get the impression that the
> Titanium Leica is a rip-off in every sense of the word. Leica took
> practised the old P.T. Barnum dictum - "there's a sucker born every
> minute."
> Regards
> Kurt

You know, I love it when people feel free to prognosticate on a topic
such as this one without any firsthand experience with the equipment in
question at all.

Do you actually own any Leica titanium finished equipment Kurt?

No, I didn't think so.

If you did, you would know that it is an extremely attractive and
durable finish. Incredibly durable in fact. What's wrong with that? I
don't see anyone ragging about the durability of the black paint
finishes. In fact, one of the attractions of the black paint finish
seems to be its lack of durability.

The price of the black paint and titanium are (or were) approximately
the same, so what is your problem?

How about posting some pictures?

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014

Replies: Reply from khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu> (Re[2]: [Leica] The titanium Leica)
Message from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] The titanium Leica)
Message from khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu> (Re[2]: [Leica] The titanium Leica)