Subject: RE: [Leica] An Introduction, and a plea for wisdom; update status
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:24:19 -0400

Jack,

> I can't look my Contax G2 in the face (lens?) without a hint of feeling
> traitorish.  I guess that whole 4 lens system goes away too.  I've tried
> shooting the Contax a bit since I became emotionally committed to
> reestablishing my long-lost Leica connection and it aint working.  No
> sympatico. (sort of feels like when you are dating someone and
> then fall in lust with someone else and are still sleeping with the
> first one and are faking it...).

I don't know about _that_, but I too have a Contax G system (2 bodies,
5 lenses) that I don't use anymore.  I rather like the system despite
its several shortcomings (poor aufocus confirmation, unusable manual
focus, dim viewfinder, as I recall).  The lenses are superb, light,
though no fast lenses.  The system is lighter than their Leica
counterpart.  If I don't have Leica, I would gladly use the Contax G.
I suppose I should sell that stuff.

- - Phong

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] An Introduction, and a plea for wisdom; update status)