Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V25 #83
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:57:36 -0400

David,
You hit the nail on the head.  Kodak has three products for a niche
business that do the same thing differently.  Whether one emulsion
prints well on the Gold channel or the Portra channel or on B&W paper is
not a difference in the real world.

First, how many people who have a darkroom are going to process their
B&W film in C-41 then print it at home.

Now I will agree that a film on the Portra line in a pro lab that prints
exactly the same speeds things up.  But why not let the amateur labs use
this film.  Portra prints fine in an amateur lab.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com