Subject: RE: [Leica] Focusing a 75 1.4 -- mitch's question
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:36:24 -0400

Nelson,
I have to admit that it was several years before I could reliably focus
my 0.72 with the 75.  I could always focus it with the M3.  Yes, the
1.25X will definitely help with a 0.72 finder.

I found that the real trick is that you can not be sloppy.  You have to
find the eye or eye shine in the subject and focus on that.  With other
lenses you can get away with focusing on the eye glasses or the eyebrow
or the nose.  With the 75, you have to focus on the eye itself if you
want to shoot at 1.4.  If you master this, you will make some stunning
images.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Nelson wrote-
Don,

I made a comparative test between the 85/1.4 nikon and the 75/1.4.  I
focused on a fixed item and both lens have the same distance reading.
So I
think its me, not the lens.  I must admit that I am having difficulty
using
the 90mm in low light too.  Can a magnifier help?  both of my m6 has
0.72x
magnification.

Nelson