Subject: RE: [Leica] Black and White Instant Cameras!
From: Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:31:38 -0600

> I just saw a commercial on TV in which Kodak is pushing disposable cameras
> loaded with Black and White film.  Wonder what is going on here? Another
> symptom of a retro-craze response to the overdigitalization of
> the culture?
>
> I take this as a good sign.

God no! The last thing we need is the unwashed unsophisticated masses going
out shooting some pseudo C41 black and white film and coming back from the
1hr lab thinking they are "photographers". Especially when you or I have
spent $2,000 - $3,000 - $4,000 or more on our wonderful Leica glass and then
we go round to Johnny-next-door's house and he has an 8x10 "B&W" print up on
his wall blown up from something he took with some little plastic lensed
disposable point and shoot. It's just going to take away from the enjoyment
and reputation of real photographers who've spent many years and many more
dollars learning how to do it properly.

What on earth is Kodak thinking... jeesh

tim..
.
.
.