Subject: [Leica] OT: Watches stripped bare
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:24:22 -0700

Jim wrote:
"Depends what you mean by workmanship.  The movements and cases may not be
very nicely finished, but Rolex Oysters are tough and durable.  I always
wear an old GMT Master when I know a trip is going to be rough, as it seems
to tolerate alot of banging around without a problem."
I'll second that. My Explorer was my only watch for over 35 years. I've worn
it every day, often in the mountains, in the desert or by the sea. Aside
from replacing the crystal every 10 years or so, the bracelet after 25
years, the Explorer has needed only routine maintenance (lube, oil change,
seals).
Oliver Bryk