Subject: [Leica] Re: An Introduction, and a plea for wisdom
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:18:08 -0500

Jack:

>think I've got a handle on the tone and tempo and how
>y'all behave.

Do you have a doctorate in chaos theory?  Must take something like that to
figure out how the LUG behaves...if you can call it that.  :)

>I plan on packaging this mess off to K&H within the month.

You'll probably get more $$ if you sell the items individually on an auction
site of your choice.

>While the new APO and aspheric lenses sure sound nifty, I dont think I can
>afford to go this route.  Can anyone recommend a specific set of 28, 35, 50
>and 90mm lenses that are esthetically rewarding in construction,
>sufficiently modern in design and glass to produce great images, actually
>available, and yet not so expensive to kill my bank account?

I love my 35/2 asph.  I'd rather have one really nice lens than several
"well, they're pretty good" ones.  That's one of the attractions of Leica to
me.  I keep thinking that I'm going to get a 90/2 AA as well, but haven't
yet.  One of these years.

Sell your existing items yourself to the public and go for just a couple
lenses to start out with, and you'll probably be able to afford gently used
asph ones.

Eric

  I guess this

Message from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> ([Leica] An Introduction, and a plea for wisdom)