Subject: RE:[Leica] An Introduction, and a plea for wisdom
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:05:41 +0200

>25 years whose last gasp with Contax was the
>utterly miserable G2

Measured and passionless judge. Mine must have come from Mars as the
only problem is, in rather difficult focusing situations, prefocusing
with the rear AF knob -not more than 10%-. The G lenses are slower and
not so well built as Leica but excellent. I, still, think that a Contax
G2 bag -15-21-28-45-90- is the smallest and better travelling
photographic bag you can afford. I've found the Summicron 28 ASPH to be
better than G Biogon, the 21 ASPH to be, not so much, better than G 21
and, unfortunately, not a 24 in G system nor a 135. No 15mm on the Leica
field. Not to speak of Noctilux. I'm, as always, speaking of material
that I own and use. So Leica system is, let's say clearly,
photographically more efficient, but if cost is involved...

But "utterly miserable"...

Felix