Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: My plea for wisdom.. thanks all
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:26:26 -0700

Rolfe Tessem said:
> But in the uncropped version of Nick Ut's Pulitzer Prize winning Vietnam
> photo of the naked girl running down the road to escape the napalm
> attack, you will see David Burnett frantically trying to reload his M2.<<<

Hi Rolfe,
And he could just as easily been frantically re-loading a Nikon F instead or
any other camera he was using. In these situations it's the luck of the draw
when things start popping around you in any situation of fast moving nature.

It's one of the reasons I on occasion work with 5 or 6 cameras at the same
time hanging from neck and shoulders. And under those circumstances if
you're caught changing film in all 5 at the same time you have absolutely no
business working this kind of assignment.

However, I will say I've been caught..... "once"....... And never again, as
you feel so stupid with all these empty cameras hanging off your body
frantically re-loading while the action is flying by you. You hang your head
knowing you've been skunked and the pictures are lost. At that moment you
swear an oath it'll never happen again. It never has.
ted

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: My plea for wisdom.. thanks all)
Message from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: My plea for wisdom.. thanks all)