Subject: Re: [Leica] @#$@#$#@ foreigners..FU to all who agree with this crap
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:46:04 +0100

Greg

IWC?  Nearly the Leica of the watch world but not quite - too much
competition.  Good make though.  The Leicas of the watch world are
undoubtedly Patek, Breguet, Lange und Sohne, Audemars Piguet and Vacheron
Constantin.  Some of the newer boys on the block are getting there like
Franck Muller and some have a niche, like Jaeger-le-Coultre with the
Reverso.

I have been around the Breguet, Lange and Patek manufactures.  Stunning
attention to detail and commitment to excellence.  Much as I would assume a
Leica factory to be.  In the Breguet manufacture they have people who make
the hands.  They cut the metal, shape it, put it into a copper dish, heat it
to blue it, polish it and keep doing this until each hand is the right
colour.  Amazing!

Simon

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] @#$@#$#@ foreigners..FU to all who agree with this crap)
Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] @#$@#$#@ foreigners..FU to all who agree with this crap)