Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Not Leica, Big Fellow and Long Fellow; and Very OT
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:37:10 -0400

At 08:40 AM 7/18/03 -0400, Seth Rosner wrote:
>Thank you Chandos! Absorbing reading. Priceless in evaluating Mr. Small's
>scholarly analysis of guerilla history and his suggestion to "consult any of
>the modern works on insurgency operations or, better yet, review modern
>Irish scholarship, especially Tim Pat Coogan's books on Collins and the Long
>Fellow, de Valera."

Again, Seth and Chandos, I recommend that you eschew web sites and go for
established scholarship.  Read Tim Pat Coogan, for starters, and then check
out the historiographical work put out on Collins five or ten years back --
my copy is a-gley, but I will dig it out and provide the reference to
anyone who wishes.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!