Subject: [Leica] I'm Ba-a-a-a-ck!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:15:40 -0400

Dear LUG:

Well, they kicked me out of rehab!  Since I was doing so well, the
insurance company decided I could do my therapy at home.  I got home
Monday, exactly one week after my knees were replaced!  I never imagined
doing this well, and attribute most of my rapid recovery to the positive
thoughts and encouragement that I got from all of my friends.  I've just
now made it up the stairs to check my e-mail but it will be several days
before I can get through all of the messages in my in-box, so please know
that I appreciate all of the good thoughts coming my way.

I'm walking everywhere without a walker and only need the crutches for
stairs.  Therapy is excruciating but bearable. I can already bend my knees
further than I could before surgery. Looks like I'll make it to Guatemala
in September with no problem.

I did take my M7 to the hospital but, strangely enough, felt no desire to
take photos the whole time I was there!  I guess whoever said it would take
all of my time and energy to rehabilitate was correct.  I hope to be back
in photo-taking mood soon and will try to get through all of my e-mail on
my brief trips up the stairs.  I'm on a continuous passive motion machine
to move my knees 12 hours a day so it's a good thing I like to read!

Hope you are all well!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP