Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] OT - "Guide to Dallas Driving"
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:58:39 -0700 (PDT)

Jon <jon.stanton@comcast.net> wrote:

> Nothing, absolutely nothing is as horrid as driving in
> the "Bay Area" I say this after having lived there for 25
> years (1977/2002)

Traffic was one of the reasons I left the bay area 13 years ago after living there since 1957.  I don't imagine it's gotten any better...

I have very clear memories of the highways (ALL of them) leading out of the Bay Area on friday afternoons... I-80 through Berkeley virtually any time of day... and an hour stuck on I-680 in Concord with a child whose tummy had had more than enough time in a car.  I remind SWMBO of this when she complains of Sacramento's heat.  Forrest: ask your dad why you now live on a farm in Wisconsin.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com