Subject: Re: [Leica] Equipment getting really cheap
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:34:34 -0700

I can understand why Nikon and Canon film bodies are taking a dive and that
some people are jumping off the R ship, disappointed with Leica's digital R
announcement.

But I find drops in M prices a little puzzling.  There is no digital product
on the market that fills the market niche of the M cameras.  Nothing close.
One day sensor technology will advance to the point where it is possible to
mount to build a digital body that will mount M lenses.

I have been playing with an EOS 10D for a few weeks now.  I just replaced my
17-35 to the 16-35, as the former lens' deficiencies became all too apparent
on the digital body.  The 16-35 is a little better, but they are both
mediocre.  I can't understand why these two lenses have become so popular.
Convenience, I guess.  That seems to be what is valued most today.

- --Jim

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Equipment getting really cheap)